Revolution is a topical liquid medicine used for heartworm prevention, flea prevention, and the prevention and control of ear mites, sarcoptic mange, and ticks.
It is used once a month and is applied conveniently at one spot on the skin. It can be used for cats (8 weeks or older) and dogs (6 weeks or older). This monthly topical application prevents heartworms while controlling fleas and ear mites.
Even the tiniest of pets can be fiercely protective of their owners, but all pets need our help to protect them from parasites. Revolution (selamectin) provides that help. Just a spot once a month provides protection against fleas, heartworms, and other parasites. Ask your veterinarian about Revolution.
- Revolution is a prescription-only medicine, not a pesticide.
- Broad-spectrum protection against most internal and external parasites.
- Kills adult flea and their eggs.
- Fast, simple, and easy to use.
- Because of the low-volume dosage size, the solution can be applied in one spot.
- Non-greasy, quick-drying preparation.
- Bathing pet 2 hours after application does not affect efficacy.
- Available in 3 convenient dosage sizes in no-drip disposable tubes.
- Use against the following parasites: adult fleas, flea larvae, heartworm, earrings, sarcoptic mites, and American dog tick.
- Killing of adult fleas and preventing the hatching of flea eggs for one month, indicated for the prevention and control of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis).
- Dirofilaria immitis prevents heartworm disease.
- Diagnosis and monitoring of the infestation of ear mites (Otodectes cynotis).
- Sarcoptic mange diagnosis and control (Sarcoptes scabiei).
- Control of infestations of American dog tick (Dermacentor variabilis).
- Prior to administration, pets should be tested for existing heartworm infections. At the discretion of the veterinarian, infected pets should be treated to remove adult heartworms.
- While the number of circulating adult D. immitis microfilariae may decrease following treatment, Revolution is not effective for microfilariae clearance.
- May be irritating to human skin and eyes.
- In studies, less than 1% of pets experienced digestive upset.
- Do not use in sick, debilitated, or underweight animals.
- Flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks, or open flame.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Dosage and Administration |
- Hold tube upright.
- Press cap down until a click is heard (cap punctures applicator seal).
- Remove cap and check to be sure tip of tube is open.
- Part hair at base of neck and place tip of tube on visible skin area.
- Squeeze tube 3 or 4 times in one spot until empty. Keep tube squeezed to avoid drawing liquid back into tube. While keeping tube squeezed, drag it away from liquid and lift up to remove.
- Ensure tube is empty.
- The recommended minimum dose is 2.7 mg selamectin per pound (6 mg/kg) of body weight, applied according to the following tables.
- For pets more than 130 pounds, the appropriate combination of color-coded tubes is used.
Side Effects |
Revolution (selamectin) is generally well-tolerated. In studies, less than 1% of pets experienced digestive upset. Do not use in sick, weak or underweight animals.
3 Packs x 3 Doses (9 Doses in total)
Country of Origin | United Kingdom